Magic Valley PLC Programming
Reduce the Chances of Human Error with Automation
As an industrial facility, you may have assembly lines or other high-powered machinery connected to one control panel. This panel might be a tangled mess of wires all designed to deliver electricity to your various machines and equipment. However, this can be a major problem when it comes to efficiency. Instead of a ball of wires connected to multiple motherboards within one control panel, consider resorting to a Programmable Logic Controller, or PLC, instead. These are digital computers specifically designed and programmed to control and streamline manufacturing processes, such as assembly lines or robotic machinery. In addition to controlling such processes, they are smart enough to detect any issues that occur during operation and inform you how to fix them. At Magic Valley Electric LLC, our electricians can assist any industrial facility with PLC programming in the Magic Valley.
Why Not Just Use a Computer?
A PLC is much like a computer—it is capable of receiving, sending, and processing data. However, a computer is not durable enough to withstand factory operations. Hailed for their rugged design, PLCs are capable of withstanding the heat, vibrations, or electrical chatter commonly found in industrial settings. Because of their highly durable and flexible nature, PLCs have lifespans ranging anywhere from 15 to 20 years. Additionally, should anything go wrong with the PLC, you can plan ahead and connect the program to another device to reduce any downtime.
The Benefits of PLC Programming
As an industrial facility, you want to streamline all processes as much as possible and protect your bottom line. Although the initial cost of a PLC unit and the programming might seem exorbitant at first, the benefits far outweigh the cost.
These benefits include:
- Increased productivity: Let’s say you have an assembly line designed to make tin cans. This line contains five different machines that are all connected to different motherboards that tell the machines what to do and count rotations. However, you can centralize all of this via PLC programming. This will enable you to set up the assembly line so that you don’t have to unload them between steps, which will save time and increase productivity.
- Increased safety: Now, more than ever before, there are more safety controllers in use in industrial settings. Anything from zone scanners to interlocking safety switches can be added to the PLC application to keep your workers out of harm’s way.
- Increased product quality: Because you reduce the chance of human error with PLC programming, product quality will be improved and consistent. As PLCs collect data, companies can carefully pinpoint errors, what’s going well, and what needs to be improved.
Whether you have a current PLC that needs to be reprogrammed or you’re looking to improve production via automation, our electricians at Magic Valley Electric LLC can help.
When you work with us, we’ll always deliver the efficient and top-quality service you deserve. We’ve been assisting industrial customers since 2013 and we’d love to put our experience to work for you.
- 12 Must Have Items For An Emergency Power Outage
- What Is An Electrical Circuit Overload?
- 8 Reasons Why Light Bulbs Burn Out
Highly Recommend!- Janet C.
Very Satisfied- Rod D.
Highly Recommend!- Jim L.
This company is amazing!!- Chelsea B
Friendly staff!- Rosemary W.
Professional & Well Trained Technicians
Straight Forward Pricing
Longevity & Community Driven