Magic Valley VFDs & Thermal Imaging Services
We Have the Power to Get the Job Done Right in Twin Falls
It takes a tremendous amount of energy to power an irrigation system, which is why it is the largest operating cost for farmers. However, there are now ways to reduce this cost by cutting down on energy usage. You can install a VFD, or variable frequency drive, which is used to control electric motors. However, sometimes these drives can overheat and cause serious electrical issues. In order to properly detect such issues before they become extremely costly to repair, let our expert electricians at Magic Valley Electric LLC perform thermal imaging. We understand the importance of ensuring that there is minimal interruption to your irrigation system, especially in the springtime when it’s the busiest for farmers. Therefore, we will arrive quickly to get the job done right.
The Advantages of VFDs
The purpose of a VFD is to vary an irrigation pump’s motor speed by controlling both its input frequency and voltage. This enables operators to adjust the pump’s performance and speed to match the operating conditions of the irrigation well. In other words, if the pump doesn’t need to be running at full speed all the time, you can lower the speed to reduce energy costs.
The other advantages of VFDs include:
- They improve product quality
- They reduce production costs
- They may qualify for utility and tax rebates or incentives
- They reduce energy consumption
- They give you tighter process control
- They extend equipment life
- They reduce maintenance costs
- They conserve water
- They reduce power line strain
Call us at (208) 795-3330 to get started on your next VFD or Thermal Imaging in the Magic Valley today!
Why Thermal Imaging Is Important
In addition to telling you when a device is overheating, thermal imaging is also useful for detecting when an irrigation pump has an excessive current flow. As current flows through a device, it generates heat. However, when there is an abundance of current, it will result in an overgeneration of heat, which is a waste of energy and can seriously damage your system. Through high-tech infrared detecting devices, our three Infrared Training Center certified electricians can see the otherwise invisible thermal signatures and prevent costly damage before it occurs.
Other benefits of thermal imaging in the Magic Valley are:
- It limits downtime and prevents unplanned shutdowns
- It protects your equipment and capital investment (VFDs and agriculture equipment aren’t cheap!)
- It can, depending on your insurance company, reduce premiums
- It is a quick and efficient way of providing an accurate diagnosis and pinpointing problem areas
- It can help both you and our electricians prioritize repairs in order of their severity
Ready to Bid Your Project? Contact Us Today!
At Magic Valley Electric LLC, we will provide you with a bid that is designed to help you remain on budget for your project. As a business, we understand the importance of limiting any downtime, which is why we show up on time and ready to work. Our mission is to restore your equipment safely and protect your bottom line.
- 12 Must Have Items For An Emergency Power Outage
- What Is An Electrical Circuit Overload?
- 8 Reasons Why Light Bulbs Burn Out
Our electricians take a proactive approach. Call (208) 795-3330 to bid your project.
Highly Recommend!- Janet C.
Very Satisfied- Rod D.
Highly Recommend!- Jim L.
This company is amazing!!- Chelsea B
Friendly staff!- Rosemary W.
Professional & Well Trained Technicians
Straight Forward Pricing
Longevity & Community Driven